Business Insider is a fast-growing business site with deep financial, media, tech, and other industry verticals. Launched in 2007, we are now the largest business news site on the web. We offer a great work environment and excellent benefits with a collaborative team that has a lot of fun. You’ll have the opportunity to make a contribution on day one.
Our Senior Product Manager will oversee the development of new products with a focus on revenue-generation, audience development and advertising technology. Working closely with the engineering team, editors, and all business groups in the company, you’ll manage the entire life-cycle of features, from initial specs through implementation.
You’ll be responsible for deploying products that drive audience and revenue across devices, editions and geographies, anticipating and solving for challenges like viewability and ad blocking. As the champion of the user experience in everything you do, you’ll integrate UX, business goals, and technology capabilities into successful products.
- Develop strategies to attract and grow readers using platforms like email newsletters and push notifications
- Work with business owners and ad strategy to determine the optimal approach to drive audience
- Engage closely with the engineering team to determine best technical implementations
- Build and maintain product roadmaps, requirements, and user flows
- Define and analyze metrics to inform the success of products
The most successful candidates will have:
- 7+ years of product management experience in the digital arena with a focus on digital subscription products and ad tech
- A working understanding of DFP and related ad technology
- Experience using CRM and audience development tools and products to attract and grow loyal readers
- Crystal-clear communication skills
- Experience working in Agile environments with common tool-sets (JIRA, etc.)
- A “user-first” mentality to advocate for the best possible site and mobile experiences that drive consumption and revenue
- Ability to identify and improve key features across platforms
- Experience with native advertising
- News junkie status is a huge plus
Sound like the perfect gig for you? Submit your application and drop us a few lines telling us why you’d love to be part of our team.